||Seminar on Timber Structure (MS 544-8 & MS 544-11 Section 4)
||10 October 2017 (Tuesday)
||Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- The MS 544-8 specifies requirements for the design, fabrication and installation of prefabricated timber roof trusses using toothed metal plate connectors.
- This section of MS 544-11 recommends a calculation basis for the permissible clear span for roof rafter with a slope from 15 o to 45 The recommendations apply to rafters at a maximum spacing of 1 200 mm centre-to-centre. The method of calculation makes no allowance for any contribution of other parts of the roof to the load resistance of the rafters although it is assumed that the tiling battens are capable of providing lateral load distribution and lateral support.
- This MS was developed by the Working Group (WG) on Roof Trusses and Domestic Rafters which was established by Malaysian Timber Industry Board (MTIB) as a Standard Development Agency (SDA) for timber, timber products and timber structure. Standards Malaysia was appointed MTIB as SDA since 2013.
- To provide awareness to the stakeholders on the relevant MS being developed;
- To provide a platform for end-users and experts in discussing on the use of the related MS;
- To promote and encourage active participation from the industry and relevant stakeholders.
- Academicians and researchers in the fields related to timber structure
- Government agencies
Attached here seminar brochures